|LinkedIn 1: Profile Basics|
Event Type: Business/Career|
Start Time: 10:00 AM
End Time: 1:00 PM
With over 450 million users, LinkedIn is becoming an increasingly popular professional social media platform that is not just for jobseekers but is a critical networking tool as well as a professional electronic rolodex. At this session, you will learn some best practices, tips, and tricks you need to know to enhance or modify your LinkedIn profile. Even advanced users have learned a few new tidbits! Here are some of the topics that will be covered:Library: Chester County Library & District Center
• Basic profile overview
• Turning on/off your privacy settings
• Mobile Apps
• Leverage your LinkedIn to build your sphere of influence
• How to view your profile in different ways
• Turning on/off your activity broadcasts
• Who is viewing your profile – who are those anonymous stalkers?
• How many seconds you have to make an impression on LinkedIn
• Key factors for your photo
• Photo labeling to build SEO
• Symbols to make yourself stand out
• How to properly construct your headline, choose your location, and industry
• Customizing your URL (yes, BEFORE you print those business cards!)
• Contact info minimums – what and where (personal and business) and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree connections
• Summary tips and suggestions
• Work history and accomplishment verbs with quantifiable results
• Get those logos on your profile page!
• How to craft introduction requests in general
• Editing your profile
• Getting LinkedIn help … and more!
Our speaker will be Lynne M. Williams, BS, MA, ABD. As the owner of Around the Clock Executive Helper, she and her team provide virtual assistance supporting busy executives, solopreneurs, small businesses, and jobseekers. Lynne holds a BS degree in Business Administration Marketing from the University of Delaware and an MA in Educational Leadership from Immaculata University along with doctoral coursework to ABD on web 2.0 social media applications. In addition, as a former K-12 teacher, she hold 9 certifications from the PDE (7 teaching and 2 administrative). Information on free career transition resources, local area networking events, and other workshops is posted on: www.lynnemwilliams.com and www.facebook.com/aroundtheclockexecs. Connect with her on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams.
Location: Struble Room
Contact: Meghan Lynch
Status: Waiting List