|VIRTUAL: LinkedIn 2: Beyond the Basics(Unpublished)|
Event Type: Business/Career|
Start Time: 10:00 AM
End Time: 1:00 PM
This free workshop is made possible by the Chester County Library Trust.Library: Chester County Library
With over 590 million users, LinkedIn is becoming an increasingly popular professional social media platform that is not just for jobseekers, but is a critical networking tool as well as a professional electronic rolodex. At this session, you will learn some best practices, tips, and tricks you need to know to enhance or modify your LinkedIn profile. Even advanced users have learned a few new tidbits! Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
• Your account dashboard (i.e. the control panel to manage your account)
• Tagging for group emails - the why, the how, and strategies
• How to manage your skills and endorsements – don't let the algorithm control your value proposition!
• Recommendations – yes these are VERY important, especially the first line! They are easy to request!
• Exploring, joining, and managing groups (or you will be in email overload!)
• Following influencers
• Following companies
• Exporting connections to Excel
• Exporting profiles to PDF
• Building rapport and filtering connections through advanced search
• Making warm introductions
• Do the settings of your public profile need to change?
• How to craft introduction requests review and how to send freebie inmails to people you REALLY want to connect with
• QR codes
• Shortened URLs
• Posting on the Home page or publishing – be a thought leader
• How many characters are you allowed? (more than Twitter but less than Facebook)
• Freebie videos and webinars to further your knowledge
• Getting LinkedIn help
Lynne M. Williams, Ed.D. Candidate, is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, an all-volunteer 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides career education and networking connections for: 1) jobseekers in career transition, including veterans and 2) employed and self-employed for career management. Lynne is also the owner of Around the Clock Executive Helper, a writer of resumes and LinkedIn profiles. Lynne presents unique research-based workshops on LinkedIn, resumes, the Applicant Tracking System, the Art of Networking In Person & Online, and other career-related, social media, and technology topics. She is currently working on writing her doctoral dissertation and is a contributing author to Find Your Fit: A Practical Guide to Landing the Job You Love along with the late Dick Bolles, the author of What Color is Your Parachute?. In addition, she writes a weekly career column in Vista.Today, Montco.Today, Delco.Today, and other publications with LinkedIn tips and more. Connect with her on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams with a personalized message and visit the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group website at https://greatcareersphl.org.
Registration Ends: 10/16/2020 at 4:00 PM
Registration ends 4pm the day before the workshop. Registrants will receive a link to the online session after registration ends.Contact: Sam Bardarik
Presenter: Lynne M. Williams