|LinkedIn 2: Beyond the Basics|
Event Type: Business/Career|
Start Time: 10:00 AM
End Time: 1:00 PM
This free workshop is made possible by the Chester County Library Trust.Library: Chester County Library & District Center
With over 500 million+ users, LinkedIn is becoming an increasingly popular professional social media platform that is not just for jobseekers, but is a critical networking tool as well as a professional electronic rolodex. At this session, you will learn some best practices, tips, and tricks you need to know to enhance or modify your LinkedIn profile. Even advanced users have learned a few new tidbits! Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
Attend this session to learn some tips and tricks that may be unfamiliar to even advanced LinkedIn users.
• Your account dashboard (i.e., the control panel to manage your account)
• Tagging for group emails - the why, the how, and strategies
• How to manage your skills and endorsements – don't let the algorithm control your value proposition!
• Recommendations – yes these are VERY important, especially the first line! They are easy to request!
• Exploring, joining, and managing groups (or you will be in email overload!)
• Following influencers
• Following companies
• Exporting connections to Excel
• Exporting profiles to PDF
• Building rapport and filtering connections through advanced search
• Making warm introductions
• Do the settings of your public profile need to change?
• How to craft introduction requests review and how to send freebie inmails to people you REALLY want to connect with
• QR codes
• Shortened URLs
• Posting on the Home page or publishing – be a thought leader
• How many characters are you allowed? (more than Twitter but less than Facebook)
• Freebie videos and webinars to further your knowledge
• Getting LinkedIn help
Our speaker will be Lynne M. Williams, BS, MA, ABD. As the owner of Around the Clock Executive Helper, she and her team provide virtual assistance supporting busy executives, solopreneurs, small businesses, and jobseekers. Lynne holds a BS degree in Business Administration Marketing from the University of Delaware and an MA in Educational Leadership from Immaculata University along with doctoral coursework to ABD on web 2.0 social media applications. In addition, as a former K-12 teacher, she hold 9 certifications from the PDE (7 teaching and 2 administrative). Information on free career transition resources, local area networking events, and other workshops is posted on: www.lynnemwilliams.com and www.facebook.com/aroundtheclockexecs. Connect with her on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams.
This free workshop is made possible by the Chester County Library Trust.
Location: Struble Room
Contact: Meghan Lynch
Presenter: Lynne M. Williams